Thursday, 26 February 2009

My problem is...

...I can't write padding. Well, it's one of my problems.

I don't know how on earth this novel's going to reach 15000 words - I'm barely at 15K and I've already given away too much, moving on too quickly, and so on.

Hopefully by the time I hit 50K I'll have developed a better sense of how to pace it, and will have bulked up the chapters I've written so far. Once again I'm reminded just how big an undertaking this actually is.

1 comment:

  1. the writing of "padding" is no good thing (see definition #2):

    padding   /ˈpædɪŋ/ –noun

    1. material, as cotton or straw, used to pad something.

    2. something added unnecessarily or dishonestly, as verbiage to a speech or a false charge on an expense account.

    3. the act of a person or thing that pads.

    content and padding are two VERY different things... trust me, you can write a book. keep at it me-ladd-o.

    ReplyDelete